Rch flight log

I got a couple of packs in on my 250 dfc yesterday but my son wasnt there to video... I really need a GoPro or something. anyway I went inverted for the first time starting at high altitude and pulled out of it ok, what a rush. THEN on my last pack I dumb thumbed when inverted and gave positive collective and pounded it in the ground (would of made a great crash video). I was able to fix almost everything with parts I had on hand, waiting for new linkages to come. Once I had it together (I used old linkage that slips off the ball) I wanted to practice setting up the heli, (level swash, pitch all that good stuff) and got beyond frustrated with the 3gx and ordered a IKon for my 250 pro dfc....... I know spur of the moment spending is reckless....

I am very excited about the new gyro. Looks like I will have to mount it under the heli unless I modify the lower frame. Any precautions on placing under the frame and will it hold up ok in a crash?

murankar

Staff member
The video quality sucks but it is the best I can do for now. Anyhow this is what I have been working on since I got RF7

[video=youtube_share;sYnx5X4Uts4]http://youtu.be/sYnx5X4Uts4[/video]

Slobberdog

Well got the first couple of flights through the 500 outside this morning, sorry guys went light as was on a tight time schedule so no video,

Nice to be able to get some good air under her blades, and can't believe the night and day difference between this and the 450, flicked her into IU 1 and man it was stable as a rock, I love it, so much easier to orientate and get nose in,

Now need to get more juice packs for her to munch on,

I flew six packs yesterday, It was a great day and for the most part I think I did pretty good all the way until I got my 250 starting to go behind me and I freaked out, hit throttle hold and broke a couple of things.. Just need some bearings main shaft and feathering shaft for the most part.... I fly so well on the sim and then the real thing feels so foreign. I am still in the hovering stage and I was doing some slow circuits when I lost the orientation and the crash happened. I am not discouraged at all and I hope to have it back up in the air this weekend for another attempt. So far to date I have flown about 25 packs and crashed twice. I think it is pretty good for only starting in December but my wife isnt too happy with the costs of this hobby

cml001

Well... Gotta pay to play... But if ur in a 250 and only been goin in Helis for couple months... Thumbs up bro! Get'r back up! Crashes happen.. Sims r good.. Not a true substitute, but good practice. Keep it up!

Thanks cml001,

I got a 120sr in December and got bored real quick with it. I got the 250 about a month ago but I have been holding off until I could sim without crashing all the time.

Now I have the bug REAL BAD and all I want to do is fly

cml001

Oh u just smoked a crack rock bruh! Ur hooked for real! Lol.. I love my 120sr... Yeah got one of those too... Love it. Best fixed pitch on the market. Not a 3d machine but it's loads of fun! Lol.. I'm a crack head!

murankar

Staff member
My 120sr has issues. Tail won't hold and.I won't fix it. I love my 450s to much.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

I have burned up so many tails on that thing, mine too is down right now cause the tail wires broke (of all things) Granted I was trying FFF dragging the skids on the ground through the snow, and it caught and slid on its side.

The other thing that i dont like is that I have had to solder just about every component on the ESC

I just dont know if I will ever buy another Blade????

murankar

Staff member
Right now if I do get a blade it would be a 550x.

Got some SIM time in last night. No real practicing just having fun with the new Gaui X3. I did work on some inverted hovering and maneuvering, backward flight with turns and made some adjustments on the X3. It is very twitchy on the collective.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

cml001

Yeah the tail motors don't last long... But I just buy another & keep it pop'n! Flew it this morning in my back yard.. Loads of pine trees.. Fun to weave in, out, & around them... Keeps the depth perception in check.. Lol... Hey George! Look out for that... Lol

sarconastic

I finally got to fly yesterday. 72 degrees and almost no wind, at least at first. This time I took the Black Rc-Help trainer I rebuilt out and flew it in the field behind my house. I had put a new nose on it and rebuilt everything. redistributed weight. It should have flown like an angel. It didn't . It flew like a pIg. I struggled to keep it in the air, it was all over the place and couldn't get it trimmed out. So I landed it (that is a relative term at this point). Then found why it was flying like crap. 20140310_210220.jpgApparently in my first big crash I had failed to notice that the entire tail was cracked almost clear off. So when the rudder pushed it was actually turning the whole Elevator rudder assy to the right and opening a large gap in the tail fuselage. I wondered why just a little right rudder did a 180 turn around. The pic is after I repaired it later in the day.

So that plane was done for the day so I went and got the White one I had built but never flown. This is the one made from the walmart foam that is a lot heavier than the dollar general foam. In my back yard it is tall grass so I was hand launching. SO I set it up and throttle up give her a toss and sh goes about 15 feet into a nose dive. bent Motor shaft. Apparently not enough thrust to take off with. Go inside straighten motor shaft (sort of) Upgrade from 8x6 to 8 x8 prop thinking more thrust is better) still made it 15 feet and nosed in) Need either more motor or prop or both. I can't believe it bent the motor shaft that easy though. The other plane has crashed half a dozen times and this one only once. But oh well.

Still had not had a pleasant flight so I decided to go back in and work on the black plane. My stress relieving hobby wasn't so much. So I went in and repaired the tail with a little hot glue. Set it up for a per flight check and found the rudder servo would onnly move in once direction, Swapped that out. Reset all surfaces and took her out back. Tossed her in the air and she flew like a dream. I had added some nose weight that made a huge difference on level flight. She flew nice and level and smooth, all the way down to about 1/3 throttle. The wind had picked up a bit y this point but she still flew pretty nice for me. I got about 5 minutes of flight time before I decided to land. I brought her into the grass strip really nice and smooth and throttled down, She was about 25 feet up when a big wind gust came up and drove her straight in the ground. Lawn dart #2 for the poor black plane. LOL. Oh well, getting pretty good at rebuilding the old girl. It isn't as bad as the first time but I will have to replace the nose again. BUT it STILL didn't bend the motor shaft on this plane. LOL I love this motor. This is why I am still flying the helpers for now though and not the new 182 yet. I am pretty sure I still have a lot of crashing experience to get yet.

Funny thing in my neighbor came over and asked if we were going to have to put a landing strip in the back yards. I very calmly told him the pavers were coming on Tuesday to measure for a 250 foot runway. He about crapped himself :wink:.
20140310_210214.jpg

Oh BTW. It is snowing here in Iowa today LOL Love this weather.
Later

Woody

20140310_210220.jpg

20140310_210214.jpg

cml001

Ok... Eventful day! Flew the 120SR in the backyard this morning.. Had a lot off fun doin it to.. It is honestly one of my favorite birds.. Just fun to haul butt round everything with her.. Then I opened the 550 box and started the build... Usual chores round the house.. Then a picnic dinner at the park with my family where I was also able to burn off 2 batteries on the 450... Good day.. Might even get back in the lab for another hour or two of build time with the 550 before bed. Awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom