Rch flight log

murankar

Staff member
I will attest that green thread lock will hold really really really really well. I ha've my torque tube support bearing held on by green thread lock and I can't get the bearing off the trashed tt. I tried heating it in a fire, nail polish remover and force. Its not coming off. So I trashed the old bearing.

That stuff is super holding. So if you use it be warned, it may not come apart.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Got to fly the 250 a couple of times then the wind picked up so I took to the 120sr. I had to solder a new battery connector to the 3-1 board and I reversed the polarity and caught the 3-1 on fire as soon as I plugged in the battery....

Out of frustration I went down to the local hobby shop to purchase some model paint for my boys plastic models and bought a nano cpx and some extra batteries. Well let me tell you guys I love this nano. I logged 22 flights with it today.....:banana: I started using a android app to log my flights

I started with just some basic hovering tail in and nose in and ran the motor slow while trying to do a break in on the motor and batteries. After about 13 or so flights I flipped into stunt mode and did more hovering and some circuits. I still do them very ugly but man is this little heli fun to fly. I was flying in my backyard with some wind (calmed down from earlier) and it didnt seem to bother the heli to much. I attempted a couple of flips and I was able to get inverted but then the heli would shoot away from me and I would crash.. I tried this 3 or so times and gave up on the inverted for the day so i wouldnt break it the first day I had it. This thing took a pretty good beating on those crashes but that is the only time I crashed on all flights today and there was no damage to the heli on any of them. Flips and rolls are so much easier on the sim.......

Needless to say, what started as a bone headed move to catch my heli on fire turned out to be a great day with a new heli and some real FUN flights.....

I will put some pics up tomorrow and maybe get some video of the nano in action.....

pvolcko

Nana cpx is a good little heli. Better in wind than the 120sr. Good going!

Don't feel obligated to catch it on fire when you want to upgrade again. :)

Gerald

Saturday morning my son and I hit the field at 6:50AM I had to be at work at 7:30, but the field is just 5 min from work :) We tried out the new ft-22's and they were fantastic, My son is still learning that altitude is your friend, he smack the ground almost flat but caught the right elevon and stripped the servo, so he grabbed his old fogey and flew the crap out it! I managed a full run on a 1500 Mah thru the 22 with no troubles and had enough time to get 10 min. out of my arrow shaft plane. Nice first outing for spring!

pvolcko

Finally got some decent weather here. No wind, 50+ degrees, sun and clouds. Took an hour yesterday evening to put in some flights.

350QX: 3 flights. Testing new extended landing struts and my moving of the compass sensors. Also testing some batteries I bought off a fellow traveler here on RCH. At first I was concerned with the battery I was testing. It had zero punch. Full throttle and it would maybe climb, mostly it stayed where it was. Flight time was like 2 minutes, tops. THis was on a fully charged pack. So I put it on the charger and discharged it, then did a slowish charge. Got much better after that, but still falling off too soon. Hoping another couple of cycles will get it them working at full capacity. First time encountering this with a lipo pack. They're behaving like a nicd pack that got some memory effect. New skids are great.

Goblin 500: 2 flights. Need to work on tuning the bank settings on this one for piro and roll rates. But I got in some good half piro flips, during the second flight I actually strung three in a row together, keeping the heli in a box in the sky (a large box, but a box none the less).

550X: One flight. I had a minor crash with it during my club's end of winter fun fly a month or so ago. Tried autoing it in from 6 feet up and missed the landing box stamped into the snow, popped it up and tried to spin it back up but the auto-rotation recovery is sluggish on this so it didn't spin up in time and I ended up having to cut throttle and float it in as best I could. Ended up breaking a blade and a plastic link end. So replaced the broken stuff and also tore down the head and repacked the thrust bearings and oiled up the radials. So this was a post-crash test flight. There is some drifting in the FBL unit now and I think there is a blade tracking problem. I'm hoping the blade tracking is causing some vibration in it and that's why the fbl is drifting around a bit. Also was seeing some odd direction changes on inverted rainbows. Again, hoping tracking induced vibes are throwing the FBL. I checked feathering shaft and it was not bent. Main shaft seemed to be spinning true too. May need to pull the blades off and do some ground testing for vibes if a tracking adjustment doesn't fix it.

I got 5 flights in on the 250 early this morning before the wind picked up again.. First couple of flights worked on hover orientations and felt pretty comfortable. Next two flights I did some forward flight and kind of banked turns the whole time keeping pretty good control. The last flight the wind had picked up just enough that I was fighting to keep in stable hover.

This is the first day that I felt comfortable and in pretty good control of my heli. Big leap of progress that seemed to happen over night. Needless to say I am wearing a big smile on my face for the rest of this day.

Stambo

I got the gps set up on my flying plank last night, did a loiter and RTL this morning.
It landed within a meter of where it took off from.
So far I am liking this new FC board.

Slobberdog

Well I was a minute in to my first battery oh wait my only battery on my 130x as the tail servo stuck on full one way and the heli dropped from the air spinning like a top under the only aid of gravity,

Broke a new KDE main blade again, gutted.com

Last edited:

Slobberdog

Well went down the hall tonight and I came away unhappy again,

I flew the 130x only and got through four batteries, had some great time in the air, with not a single issue,

So why am I not happy you may ask,

Well the hour we have the hall for went to blooming quick and I only had four batteries charged, I was having so much fun that I could have flown on and on.

Slobberdog

Yeah been practicing nose in hovering in front of my nose tonight, lol, great fun, so much more difficult than in the sim

Stambo

I don't need a hall, nose in in my lounge with a V911 works for me. :)
V911 is so stable, but it's a step up from a sim. :)

Last edited:

Slobberdog

Not got the cahunas to do that in my living room with my 130x, with the spin motor in it it's doing about 3800-4300 rpm head speed, and I tell you what that sounds nuts in a small space, oh and when you think it's got a 5:1 tail gear ratio you could see a bit of damage being done if you nip summit with the tail while turning,

Stambo

Not got the cahunas to do that in my living room with my 130x, with the spin motor in it it's doing about 3800-4300 rpm head speed, and I tell you what that sounds nuts in a small space, oh and when you think it's got a 5:1 tail gear ratio you could see a bit of damage being done if you nip summit with the tail while turning,

LOL, I did it with my 450 before I had the sense to know what could have happened. :biggrin1:

Guys I had such a great day flying today. I got 10 packs in and I am doing FFF circuits and somewhat figure eights. I can string a couple together then I lose it, turn tail in or nose in hover, gather myself and start at it again. I ran into a guy down at the field that builds helicopters and he got rid of this real annoying tail oscillation by increasing my head speed a little and also coached me on my turns. I need to work on leading the turn with the tail, I was getting much better by the end of my day. I need a camera man so I can get some video to post. There is a huge improvement... I am charging up my batteries so I can run another 10 tomorrow before I go off to school.

Slobberdog

Well I have to wait a while this morning as I am going in to hospital for knee surgery, I had an hour spare so charged two packs for the 450 and went up to the field, and man I enjoyed those two 7 min flights, practicing my figure 8's so I can do my "A" licence in the middle of the year, done some slow piros to nose in and felt so much more comfortable doing it even flying towards myself a bit,

this winter has been a good learning curve as I had the mcpx for a while and the good work that I have managed to get done in the sports hall twice a week,

Oh and my second pack I had police watching me fly, for a while, they seemed to enjoy watching it, lol

Last edited:

EyeStation

It's Alive!!!!!
The rebirth of the 150 DFC. Fixed multiple cracked solder joints and broken eyelet traces through the boards. I found most of the problems being the broken eyelets providing continuity between layers of the board. The two 3 pin connectors gave the most problems.
Re-Bound and took her outside for some big breezes, 10 Mph w/35 MPH gusts. In my back "YARD",(yeah Lee, I said it, lol), I get winds churning between and off the tops of the buildings around me.
I had to dial in some negative pitch to be able to bring it back home.
Not much, but back running again. Second MRS is under the microscope now.
[video=youtube_share;nQOe1CrZpl0]http://youtu.be/nQOe1CrZpl0[/video]

Top Bottom