Rch flight log

Well I got a few hours to fly today so i went out and fly a pack and noticed that I had some tail issues. I put a second pack in and shortly after lift I got a pretty bad wag, landed and noticed that my boom was coming out of the housing. That ended my flying for the day so I went home pushed my tail back in and secured with a couple drops of CA. Hopefully tomorrow will be more successful. I really dont like that the 250 pro dfc does not have a better way to secure the tail boom from coming out.. I am thinking modding the boom kind of like how the Gaui X5 boom is set. If I do such a mod I will be sure to post.

pvolcko

If it is just a tension hold on it and it is a bit loose, put a round of scotch tape around the part that gets clamped. Should add enough diameter for the clamping to work.

pvolcko

Flight log. 7 Flights in this weekend and today (say far). All on my 550X. Decided to spend some time getting that heli tuned in.

All went well until just a bit ago. Doing a lunch time flight using my nano tech 5000 mah pack. Okay, it was not the cold that was affecting that one during the winter. It is just junk. IR maps out okay. It drops a couple hundreds of a volt on each cell at the end of the charge, but still totally reasonable. But in flight... what a pig. This thing bogs out on simplest rolls and flips. Damn near crashed it doing a half piro out of inverted, partly my fault but also because the whole thing bogged down to like a 1000RPM headspeed. It just managed to stop from going in about 1ft off the ground.

So this pack is toast. And I'm never again buying a Turnigy Nano-tech pack for anything but my micros. Absolute garbage.

How to dispose of it? Full charge and shoot a .22lr into it? Light tree or discharge to oblivion at 1A rate? :goodevil:

Stambo

So this pack is toast. And I'm never again buying a Turnigy Nano-tech pack for anything but my micros. Absolute garbage.

How to dispose of it? Full charge and shoot a .22lr into it? Light tree or discharge to oblivion at 1A rate? :goodevil:

Agreed, my 4s 4500 nanotechs have not performed as well as the hype.
To dispose of it flatten it first, light bulbs is best, at 6s put a couple of auto bulbs in series.
Then dump it in a bucket of salt water for a few days and throw it in the normal trash.

pvolcko

Well, not going to happen this time. Spent 6+ hours slow discharging it last night. Got it down to 3ish volts. Will tie it off outside and let it fully stabilize.

murankar

Staff member
The owner of progressive rc said salt water is nit the best way to go. He suggested draining to lowest voltage the discarding.

Personally I woke love to see a 22 take care of it.

I heard radio shack may dispose of lipos for you and for free if your really concerned.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Lee

Flew 4 packs this evening on my Warp 360 :D
Working on getting lower with my tricks.
Got some nice double piro flips in, just above head height. Starting to get the disc flatter in between each flip.
Got the customs bill for my BK servos today $121!!! but still cheaper than buying them here.
Will pay it tomorrow and hope to have them by Friday :D

danhampson

Got 3 packs yesterday morning finally got my tic tocs straight and true now just got to work on my collective management, funnels/hurricanes are getting better smaller and more controlled just need to work on clockwise rotation.

I did all this a a much lower altitude, about 30-40ft instead of 70-80ft.

danhampson

Not this time Paul. Video will be next week when my new dv camera and head strap arrive. I want to start recording all my flight so I can watch then back to watch for my mistakes.

EyeStation

Hey peeps, 2 weeks back I had an incident with the Bumblebee. Worked on the auto level settings at work behind a building and got the quad to stay in a 5 ft area with the slight breezes that were going on back there.
On the way home I stopped at our onroad track and planned on filming the layout and the new lines painted there since last year.
I have a hat cam and onboard video uploaded that, at the end , show how my settings worked with a stiff Starboard breeze.
Watch the hat cam first and watch it drop. Excuse the Oh Sheits, but I was falling from nearly 50 ft.
I believe after watching the onboard cam multilple times, I think I can hear that I throttled down once I rolled right.
Tell me what you think.
http://www.rc-help.com/showthread.php/9216-Beachy-amp-EyeStations-Flight-Video-Depository?p=95971#post95971

murankar

Staff member
I just did two 3:40 flights on my newest 2 packs. I got the tail gain set on both head hold and rate mode.

Now this is my first time back in the air since mid March. I do have some sim time but I need to setup the SIM to real life.

I am still shaking from the two quick flights. I was shaking terribly when I was flying, Well hovering.

I now have the 2 packs inside ready for charging with one on charge.

murankar

Staff member
Just did 2 more 3:45 flights. Still trying to get the gains set fir the tail and the head.

The tail gain has been tricky for me at the moment. Just trying to get used to the firmware. What I am attempting to do is get the gain as low as possible so I can find that lower limit. I know that around 27% in IU 2 will be boarder line upper limit.

Keep in mind this is in hover only. My goal is to get this heli somewhat locked in by the end of the weekend. When I get to a field all I want to do is make some minor gain adjusts and fly. I am not even a sport flyer yet so I may have some high gains.

murankar

Staff member
It's the end if a short weekend before I enter the 7th reign of hell.

Weekend flight count is 12 flights. The first three cycles on each pack were to break in the packs. The 4 packs today were flown fir 5:30 to 6:15 minutes to see how low they get. I ended up between 46% to 56%. On the very last pack I did 5 minutes I switched to iu1 which is set at 70% across. Did a few small pumps and had some bogging. I do not have the governor set as of yet because the tail is not done.

As for the tail I finally got the tail to stop drifting left (nose right) . I added some I gain, 5 points and it seemed to not drift. I then had to add 2% gain so it would lock back in. A flight later the tail would act out just a bit. It would blow out or drift left while in a hover. I will say the wind was making it had to dial in.

The head on the other hand has been different. I have had the gains as high I could with out shaking or bobbing about. I then dropped the gain as low as I could until it got mushy. I wanted to find my range. So I raised it to just below max. Now I have an up and down shake that I tries to tune out. This shake or bob is almost unnoticeable. I raised the I gain and I think I got better. I won't know till I fly again, I will need to add 5 or 10 more points to the I gain and raise the D gain a little also.

Now for the negative tendencies I have. Now keep in mind I have not been on the sticks for some time and I am trying to get back on it and the wind was not the best. I noticed that on lift off the heli likes to lift while leaning right and tail dipping down. Not sure how to fix that.

Yesterday I found a loose tail grip and redid the screws and snuged up them up. Still running smooth in the tail. During this maintenance I thought I would look at the gear mesh and any play in the kit. I found some play in the gears for the tail and in the main shaft. The gears are just a bit loose and the main shaft has up and down play. Now I went and looked for my shims. Low and behold I can't find the ones I need. So I may have to place an order for $1.60. The shims I can order are only for the main shaft. I need to find a shim for the torque tube gear in the rear.

I think these 2 issues are causing me the problems I see so far. All in all I think it's going well For my first torque tube heli. I do miss my protos mini and want that one flying soon also.

I started the weekend off with 2 flights already on the app.

ForumRunner_20140504_212533.jpg

ForumRunner_20140504_212533.jpg

Slobberdog

Well went out early yesterday and got 4 flights in on my 500, got two on video but because its the iphone and the light and distance the quality was crap, so just ended up deleting them as you could not see much at all.

but the heli was faultless I have to say, loved ever second of each 6 min flight, great fun.

pvolcko

We finally got some good weather here. And it looks to be here for at least a couple/few days. So hopefully get some flights in.

Top Bottom