Learn How To Fly W/ The Rc-help Trainer. Build & Fly Guide

Tony

Staff member
Great deal Martijn. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have. Take your time on the build and the plane will fly great. I hope to see some video of your plane in the air soon.

SuperSiemie

I want to use the optional nose piece, but I don't know where to put it. Do I have to place it next to the big fuselage side piece, or must I cut off a little piece of the fuselage? Because I'm gonna use two smaller engines on each side of the wing.

Tony

Staff member
On the Telemaster (the plane this one was designed from) the optional nose pieces just go on the sides. There is no top or bottom. However you can cut out the optional pieces and then fill it in with foamboard that you curve around from the top to the bottom. Just cut some slits in teh under side of the board so it will bend easier and make a nice rounded over nose. Hope you post pictures when you get it done.

SuperSiemie

Hi,
I wondered, how many does 1,5 squaremeter foamboard cost at dollar tree? Because I couldn't find foamboard on te website.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, it sucks to have to purchase 50 sheets, but it will last you a while. If you have a dollar tree close to you, they should have some in stock. However if yours is like mine, they don't stock it. Then you can get it shipped for $50+ Tax with free shipping to your local store.

SuperSiemie

Hi Tony,
In the Netherlands are no dollar tree shops I quess, but here you pay about 175 euro's for the same amount of foamboard. And at Dollar Tree I only have to pay 40 euro's.
Do you think they ship to the Netherlands, because it's much cheaper.

Tony

Staff member
If they do, I'm sure the shipping would take up that money that you are saving. The box is quite big and quite heavy. I'm guessing you would be paying about $60 or more just to ship it.

SuperSiemie

Well... I'm gonna buy it in a local shop. Than I have to pay 16,50 euro and that's enough foamboard to make the hole plane. Today I wanted to buy it but it was raining, so maybe tomorrow.

When I've finished the foam cutting and sticking part I will send some pictures of it.

Tony

Staff member
Sounds great. Just make a post in either the picture section or the beginner plane section when you post pics. Can't wait to see it!

SuperSiemie

Hi Tony,

I've finished the fuselage! Here are some pictures.

Now I've finished the fuselage, I want to cover it just like you did. But there's no intruction (video). How did you do it?

- - - Updated - - -

20121208_164026.jpg20121208_224023.jpg20121208_224103.jpg

20121208_164026.jpg

20121208_224023.jpg

20121208_224103.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I used sheets of vinyl and I cut everything out on a plotter. It took about a week to design and lay all of the images. However this does make the plane a little heavy but nothing the plane can't handle with a good sized engine.

murankar

Staff member
I am hoping to get 6 sheets this weekend. I would like to figure out how to program my radio for airplane. Plus I was thinking of making 2 one for me and one for the kids. Until I get the fourth servo and motor with prop it will have to be a glider.

Tony

Staff member
You don't have to put a rudder servo on it. Hell, you can do it without ailerons if you want. Just put 7º of dihedral in the wing and use the rudder and elevator only.

Derek

I'm putting the electronix on my RCH Trainer right now. I'm pretty happy with the way it looks.

Top Bottom