Learn How To Fly W/ The Rc-help Trainer. Build & Fly Guide

BOKI

Tony; Ordered the Rc help trainer but never saw where to down load the plans! :lol: Must of missed the PDF download some where! ? Also My AmA#993157 name BOKI Only wanted one set of plans Also!

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Go back into the store, click on my account and log in. Then click on Purchases or something like that. There should be a download link in there. If that doesn't work, you can always purchase it again. After all, it's free lol.

BOKI

Tony; Got it downloaded OK but I think I got a bunch of copies ! I was trying to figure it all out & think I got to many copies! Thanks for your help! :lol: :twothumbsup: I'll probably be needing some help on it! Where would you suggest I buy the electronics! ? The Best !

Tony

Staff member
too many copies? I think there are a total of 16 pages to this plane. You have to tape the plans together as I show in the videos, cut them out and then trace them out on the foam board.

and as stated, I purchased everything from hobbypartz.com

Tony

Staff member
It's 3/16's thick and each sheet that I use is 20"x30". I get it at the Dollar Tree. Not sure where you are and if you have access to that or not.

hussein

thanks tony for your reply , am glad to till u that i found the foam board and almost done the air frame but i need to know can i neglect the carbon spar or us a wooden spar instead of it or not ?

since your recommended power plant 890kv Alpha 450 brushless outrunne motor is not available now

can i use these power plant
Park 450 Brushless Outrunner Motor, 890Kv
20A brushless ESC
3S Lipo 2100 mah 25c
Recommended Prop Range: 9x6 to 11x3.8 Slow Flyer or 10x5 to 12x6 Electric
or you recommend another thing
thx a lot

Tony

Staff member
That setup looks like it will work just fine. I would purchase 3 props for it though. 10x6, 11x5.5, and 12x6. This will allow you to fine tune your setup. I'm running a 12x6 on mine and it's a big prop, but the motor is made for a good size prop. In all reality, I would like to get a motor that has 1000kv and just run the 10x6 prop and spin it a little faster.

The battery you are wanting to run will be just fine.

As for the spar, you cna use wood, or better yet, the thick skewers that you would use on the grill. They are made out of bamboo and are very strong. You just want to keep the elevator from flexing under a load. If this is not the spar you are talking about, let me know.

SuperSiemie

Hi Tony,
It's a long while ago I spoke you... Because I was very busy with school. So I didn't work on the plane for a long time. I've had the busiest part of the year, so i decided to work on the plane again. I've ordered all electronic stuff I need, so when the package is here I can start doing the best part. I finished the colouring today.

I'll send you a picture of it (it's not the best picture)

Best regards,
Martijn

Tony

Staff member
Hey, not an issue. Trust me I know about life getting in the way. If you knew half of what is going on in my life right now you would be amazed. Things happen and you get busy, it's understandable. I can't wait to see the plane. You can post the picture here if you want, just click on the little picture icon at the top of the reply box and upload them from your computer.

Amanda

Really like Tony’s patriotic looken Trainer! This is my 1st attempt at building sumthing so i want to keep it simple and not cover the foamcore. but i had an epiphany when i saw two diff’ colors of foamcore at HobbyLobby in Rochester. So i gots Black sheets AND sum White sheets (they sell them by the individual sheet) i made the Top and Bottom of the fusealge Black (the window is a piece of white duct-tape) and the right and left side of the fusealoge are white. Both the horizontal and verticle stabilizer r Black.

But the best part is the wing! the Main-Wing and Front-section of the wing is Black,,, but the middle section is White, so the wing has a white stripe from wing-tip to wing-tip and he leading edge of the wing has a White stripe thrw it (from the white middle piece sandwiched in ther) I wold post a pic but the rents (as in parents) dont allow me to post pics on the Internet (sigh) so u will jst have to visualize it :) So now iam jst waiting 4 the servos my uncle ordered 4 me. btw, i DL’d the plans yesterday!

Tony

Staff member
Do you mean Foam Core, or Foam Board? If you are using Foam Core, you will have to use supports on the wing, tail and fuse to keep it from flexing. But if this is a paper backed foam board, it will be fine if you build it like I did in the videos.

thanks for the kind words on the theme of the airplane. It took about a week to design and lay all of the pieces of vinyl that I put on it. Thankfully I own the vinyl plotter and was able to cut everything out myself. Just flew it again this past weekend and it flew just as great as it did in that maiden flight video.

If there is anything I can help you with, just let me know. And no worries about the pictures, I understand how "rents" can be, I am one hahahahaha.

Amanda

hey Tony

ya i shud B good cuz i used the paper-back strong foam-bord,,, but since i neva made a airplane B4 i also did everything u show us in the vid's,,,, BBQ skewers in the wing and those little carbon things in the tail. the Hobby Shop in Rochester has everything,, so i gots the FoamWeks Channel Rail and Blue Cutter too (aint i lucky!) umm,, my Trainer plans must B new? cuz they dint have the Dihedral drawing tht i saw in a video? (((i watch the vid's a couple times B4 i started actally started cutting))) no big deal tho, cuz i added jst a teeny little bit of dihedral (hardly any at all) and the Hobby Shop guy looked at my wing and said it was fine. And it jst keeps gettin bettr,,, cuz when my cousin heard i was making a airplane he gave me his DX6i radio thingy (he gots a new 8) i mite ask him to fly it 4 me the 1st time cuz iam scared? but evn if i DO wreck it,,, its easy to jst make anothr one :)

Derek

Congratulations Amanda! I hope you can share some pictures or video of your trainer.

Amanda

OK i mite be discombobulated (cuz i usually am) Is Foam-Core wat we wanna use to make our airplane? It is the foamy stuf sandwiched between 2 layers of paper and it looks like it is about 1/4 inch thick (maybe a little less.) The stuf used in the Trainer Video iam calling FOAM-CORE. Foam Board is different cuz it is jst a single layer of foamy stuf witout any paper,, like insulation. And jst when i thot i had it figured out, the sales Lady at Dollar Tree said “,,,or did u mean Gator-Board?” AGRRRRR!

anywayzzz it really dont mattr cuz Waldo is all cut out and glued together (i named my trainer Waldo after The Great Waldo Pepper) My servos shud be here Thursday :)

Tony

Staff member
I call what I used in teh video foam board. The "insulation" stuff I call foam core. But I see why you woudl call the board "core" since the "core" of the board is foam lol. Confusing, but if you use what I have in teh video, you will be fine.

And congrats on teh DX6i. I have many videos on that Tx but mostly for the heli flyers. Planes are pretty easy once you get the trimming out of the way.

Callsign4223, a member on here, I just built him a trainer when he was at my house last weekend and I made a change to the rudder and elevator to get rid of that spar holding the elevator together. We will be flying it in the next couple weeks and if it's good, I will do a quick video on how to modify the tail to make it like this one. MUCH easier to built the tail this way. If he reads this, I'm hoping he will post a couple pictures of the rudder and elevator. Also, he is going ot mount the servos to the top of the fuse, and not on the sides.

If you need any help, just let me know. Love seeing new pilots! also, is your Uncle named Pat? I think it is, just trying to connect some emails to these posts lol.

Amanda

hi

tnx 4 the info,,, foam BOARD it is! tnx 4 the DX6i vid's too,,, 1 switch to change dual-rates on everything?? yeaaaa,,, D/R COMBI! (dint kno that) and yes uncle Pat DL'd the Trainer Plans. Waldo (my airplane) is all done except 4 the servos which shud B here friday??? btw, SERVOS were far and away the hardest part of making the Trainer cuz i dint evn kno wat a servo was,, but Btween the hobbyshop guy and GOOGLE i am a servo guru. i mean ther r a plethora of servos,,, did i want a Std servo? high torque servo? low voltage servo? mini servo? micro servo? high speed servo? digital servo? ball bearing servo? plastic gear servo? and the list gos on,,,,,,,,,,,,, :)

Tony

Staff member
I suggest the cheap blue T-Pro 9g micro servo. Standard servos are too big and heavy for this plane. The blue ones are what I'm using on my plane that you see me building in the videos. they work great.

Amanda

if neone think the RCHelp Trainer has 1 wing YOUR WRONG!

yeah, iam learning a lot making this thing. for instance, did u kno the Trainer has 2 wings? and mine has 3 cuz instead of glueing a Right and a Left wing sumbody (who shall remain nameless) made 2 left wings,,, so she had to cut out another one (thats 3 so far) but the servos and motor came 2day so it wont B long now,,,,,,, maybe.

Tony

Staff member
When I built Matt's plane, I did the same thing and made two left wings. We just cut the ends off the wing making both the exact same and also taking about 4" off the total length. Plane will not be as stable, but should fly faster.

I will be working on a new trainer that should be MUCH easier to build here shortly. Working on a 3D plane ATM.

Top Bottom