Official Phoenix Online Thread

Tony

Staff member
Maybe I should have tried a search first.... :trysearch::newbie:

I have to install the epel-release in order to install wine without doing it the hard way.

Okay, time to delete Ubuntu and install CentOS again.... ugh...

:nothingtoadd:
:newhere:

:ban:

Stambo

Where is Phoenix RC based?
Many States in the USA are getting on board with the "Right to Repair" legislation which, if my information is correct, may also be applied to software.
To cut a long story short, if a company discontinues the online component of a software title or discontinues a title altogether they may be made to give a third party/repairer any server files and other softwares required to restore the nonworking part of the software.
Apple are really not liking the right to repair thing at all as they may be forced in to selling parts to non Apple authorised repairers.

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately they are based out of the UK/EU so all legislation will not affect them that comes from the states. And I take it you are a Rossmann watcher as well? lol.

Stambo

Unfortunately they are based out of the UK/EU so all legislation will not affect them that comes from the states. And I take it you are a Rossmann watcher as well? lol.
Yup, love how he sticks it to Apple.
Just can't stomach the idea of any company telling me who should or shouldn't repair something that belongs to me.

Tony

Staff member
Yes sir, I feel exactly the same way. And the "Authorized Repair Centers" can't even "REPAIR"!!!! They can only replace. Rossmann REPAIRS!!! lol

Tony

Staff member
Well, I have somewhat hit a wall. The IP and port addresses are hard coded in the software and everything is encrypted so this is going to be almost an impossible task. I'm still working on it, but it's not going to be as fast as I was hoping it would be. I have someone coming over today (not for this unfortunately) so I will not be able to play with this much today. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

Tony

Staff member
To the user that just emailed me. I know you can see this post and I did receive your email, but since it is a fake email I have no way of talking to you about your ideas or even the emails you stated knowing in the email you sent. Please update your account with a valid email to that at least I can chat with you to try to resolve this issue. If you don't want to, that's fine and we will just end this here.

namaspilot

Hello Guys,

I noticed there is a Phoenix Online here: Removed

Is it possible to have an RC Help Phoenix Online?

For all those that don't have Phoenix Simulator you can Download it here: Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
I have a problem trusting anything that goes through a VPN. I can't send my members there. And there are still laws protecting Phoenix, even though it is out of business. It is not "abandonware" and is still owned by a company. Please don't post those links on this site.

namaspilot

Yeah I though of sharing it for those who couldn't afford a paid simulator. I don't use Phoenix, but I could imagine it would be ok to learn on. I think they Phoenix in the end allowed it to be downloaded for fee near the end??

Top Bottom