Phoenix 5.is out.

murankar

Staff member
You know the deal, keep us updated as you solve stuff. Good luck.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Derek

Ok, maybe that wasn't so bad. I was just throwing a fit because I had to do the calibration again.

But...I don't understand how the new Governor is setup. There is no spot to set the head speeds. The way it was, before the change, I could set normal mode to 1500rpm, IU1 to 1750rpm, and IU2 to 2000rpm. This new version only seems to have a spot where you can enable or disable the Governor, a single rpm setting, and the sensitivity.

Other than the issue with the Governor, I don't mind the change. Has anyone played around with the Governor, after the version change?

Doum066

Ok, maybe that wasn't so bad. I was just throwing a fit because I had to do the calibration again.

But...I don't understand how the new Governor is setup. There is no spot to set the head speeds. The way it was, before the change, I could set normal mode to 1500rpm, IU1 to 1750rpm, and IU2 to 2000rpm. This new version only seems to have a spot where you can enable or disable the Governor, a single rpm setting, and the sensitivity.

Other than the issue with the Governor, I don't mind the change. Has anyone played around with the Governor, after the version change?

Not i, i disable the Governor. I had a little trouble though where to find the Expo, well wasn'T sure which of the settings had to be changed since there is low rate now... but seems fine so far.

Derek

Yes. I could set a head speed for each position of my flight mode switch. I liked it very much. I set my DX8 throttle curve to a flat 30% in normal mode, 60% in IU1, and 100% in IU2. Then just set whatever head speed I wanted for each position in the sim. I just felt it was more realistic.

pvolcko

huh. I've never seen that option. Cool. Definitely more realistic. Will look for it before upgrading. :)

Derek

Yes, definitely check it out before you upgrade. I really liked that feature. This new v5 is cool and all but the two things that I don't like about it are:
* the governor mode setup isn't there like it was before
* everytime I start up my heli, it really sounds like it's sputtering..instead of a solid spool up....like it should be

besides those two points, I really don't mind the new version.

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
How did you guys get the update? I was on it last night and did not get an update popup. I have mine set to update on startup. I even clicked on update in the system menu to add a new heli and nothin'. I checked the web site and it shows the most recent update to be q, which I have......

:thinking:

- - - Updated - - -

How did you guys get the update? I was on it last night and did not get an update popup. I have mine set to update on startup. I even clicked on update in the system menu to add a new heli and nothin'. I checked the web site and it shows the most recent update to be q, which I have......

Slobberdog

- - - Updated - - -

I think Phoenix may have removed their update at the moment due to a server issue, keep looking as I can't see the update either, and there is a note on the website for the suspension,

On another note they are up to version "e" already and it's only been out a couple of days,

Tony

Staff member
I just updated mine with no issues. Click on the System tab, and towards the bottom of the drop down box you should see the update. You can also click "Check For Updates" and it should help you along. You must update from 4.0.q to 4.0.r before you go to 5 though.

Tony

Staff member
You can always reinstall V4... There is a backup file on your computer in the documents folder (or so they say there is) with all of your old settings.

I will play with 5 a bit and see what I cna see. Then post my results.

Tony

Staff member
I lied, I will not be testing this. I will be uninstalling it, and putting 4.0.q back on my computer. I can't read half of the text on there. 5 minutes and I have had enough...

murankar

Staff member
I think their server died or they found a major last minute flaw.

Tony

Staff member
Servers are working fine. Disable the automatic port opening if you have that option.

I hope they come out with a new version soon because I'm uninstalling this one.

murankar

Staff member
Right after the update went live they had a massive spike in traffic. Some people were having issues not being able to get the download.

I am not sure what the issues are now.

Top Bottom