Phoenix 5.is out.

Derek

my biggest complaint about v5, though, is that the Governor Mode only has 1 setting. In v4, I could set 3 different head speeds...just like I do with my heli's.

Derek

Well, this is not good. Ive uninstalled the sim and reinstalled it. It's trying to update from 3.0 to 4.0.j. It's gone through the updates three times. Once it's done, I'm going through the approval part and I click on "OK". It all just sits there for about 10 seconds and then restarts the update from 3.0 to 4.0.j.

I dunno. I think I'm done messing with it for now. I'll try again later. But...in v3.0, I am able to use the 3 settings for the Governor Mode...just as it was before v5.

Derek

It looks like I'm stuck on v3.0. For some reason, the update for v4.0.q won't install.

I'm done messing with it for now. I may be going to the LHS real soon and checking out the model editing features of RF7. Phoenix has really screwed things up for me!!!

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
That sucks bro....sorry to hear your having all those issues. I am having some newb issues with Phoenix as well. I notice my helis "jump", for lack of a better term, at spoolup and at speed when I am doing fast circuits. i.e. it sounds like the motor cuts out for a split second. More annoying than anything.

I have RF 7 as well. I got the one that comes with the proprietary transmitter/controller so so my girlfriend and I can fly together in multiplayer mode. I just plug the DX5 into the back of the RF controller. I was told that you had to have two Phoenix USB cables and two computers for two to fly with Phoenix and it only worked over the internet or LAN. So it was cheaper to just purchase RF7 when she wanted to start flying together.

Personally, I like how the helis fly on Pheonix. It seems more real to life. Again, this may be my inexperience with RF.

murankar

Staff member
Yes, you need to go in and adjust the settings of the model. The defaults are close but they can be better.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Derek

Ok....I'm done. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling...uninstalling and reinstalling...uninstalling and reinstalling. The sim recognizes that there is a 4.0.j update available but it will not do it. It's stuck on v3.0.

pvolcko

Have you checked to see if there was a Windows restore point made before the trouble started? Often will fix up this kind of problem. You'll have to install other updates and software you've installed after that point.

Derek

ok, I just did a system restore. Phoenix v5 is back. It even updated to v5.0.k. I thought all was fine and dandy. Then it tells me that I have no control profile selected. So, I go into "System" and then "My Controls"...hmmm, I see that I need to recalibrate my DX8 (again) so that the profile shows up. I start the calibration...my throttle channel isn't recognized at all. Fine..whatever. I shut it down and try again. Throttle channel isn't recognized. Fine....I shut it down again because I have to go to work.

murankar

Staff member
Wow I would have quit by now and tried something different. Like rf7, lol. Anywho
Good luck I hope you get it to work soon.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Doum066

ok, I just did a system restore. Phoenix v5 is back. It even updated to v5.0.k. I thought all was fine and dandy. Then it tells me that I have no control profile selected. So, I go into "System" and then "My Controls"...hmmm, I see that I need to recalibrate my DX8 (again) so that the profile shows up. I start the calibration...my throttle channel isn't recognized at all. Fine..whatever. I shut it down and try again. Throttle channel isn't recognized. Fine....I shut it down again because I have to go to work.

Sorry to hear about your problems dude :(

But once you get this fixed, something good awaits you, here's screenshot of version 5.0.L :)

governor.jpg

governor.jpg

Derek

That's fantastic! Thanks for the screen shot showing the multiple head speed capabilities.

now I just gotta get this darn thing figured out.

Doum066

That's fantastic! Thanks for the screen shot showing the multiple head speed capabilities.

now I just gotta get this darn thing figured out.

Sounds stupid, but have you tried deleting all folers that might contain settings or such, or some old stuff in it, either in the program folder or document folder?

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Well, I updated to 4s and then downloaded 5......wondering if I made a mistake as I have not been able to test anything yet. I did tell it to backup all of my settings.......

Tony

Staff member
If you just want to fly, 5 is going to do exactly what you want it to do. And they are rolling out updates quite often to fix issues.

Tony

Staff member
Well, yes the new update has the governor and yes it does work. However, while I was flying in the sim, the sim crashed twice. I will await the next update to fly again.

Derek

I'm beginning to think that there is something wrong (missing) with my computer. A few other things aren't quite working right. I guess it's time to visit the computer repair shop. I'll try the sim again when it gets back. I don't know what happened to the Phoenix 5. I had it working well, as previously posted, but now I am stuck on Phoenix 3.0 and it will NOT update.

pvolcko

Heh... This is so sad. They're going to have more updates out for this new rev in 2 months time than they have on 4.x which was out for a year or more. Really shoddy QA work and release decision. I'm thinking about picking up RF7 at this point.

Top Bottom