Phoenix 5.is out.

Derek

Heh... This is so sad. They're going to have more updates out for this new rev in 2 months time than they have on 4.x which was out for a year or more. Really shoddy QA work and release decision. I'm thinking about picking up RF7 at this point.

I couldn't agree with you more, Paul!

In fact, Real Flight has an offer out right now...if you purchase Real Flight 7, before March 16, then send in another sim (in my case, Phoenix), they will give you $50 back.

murankar

Staff member
Take it with the interface like now. I have figured out the control mapping for the keyboard to the tx.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Slobberdog

I updated earlier tonight and initial thoughts are better than I expected, it does have a few glitches and I lost the heli off screen a few times but the flight characteristics for some of the heli's felt a little better,

Let's hope they get it sorted fully soon, or they will loose a fair bit of their customer base

brent

Hey guys am I the only one with a crappy vista system running v5? just wanted to know if anyone else is missing the scale wizzard normally found in model edit bottom center as It no longer there after upgrading to v5?

Tony

Staff member
Did you click on Advanced in teh lower left corner? If so, you need to click on Basic to show the dial.

brent

Yes I had but even after going back to basic there was only the set up dial eg beginner intermediate advanced, no scale wizzard (normally under set up dial)
did a bit of investigating and it seems they have "temporarily" removed the scale wizzard so will have to wait for another up date :(

pvolcko

What the heck did they do on this release? Normally you incrementally improve a product. It almost seems the did a complete re-write for this release and missed a bunch of stuff along the way.

murankar

Staff member
I am think that's what happened. I don't think the beta testers did their jobs on this one. Huge fail, but it is being fixed.

kenbeav

uranker i upgraded from phoenix 4 to 5, i downloaded with no problems. it is free. BUT, after i loaded it i had all kinds of problems . i never could get my models to work like they should. i finely erased all the software that was phoenix from my computer and reinstalled the 4 version that i was using, by the way, i never had problems with the 4 version. now that i am back to the 4 i cant get the rudder to work like it should when i move it to the right it is smooth like it should be, when i move to the left it takes of like a rocket, to fast to fly with. i've tried every thing phoenix reccomends in thier software and on my transmitter, and i can not get it working like it should. all the other controls works like they should. i'am thinking about downloading upgrade 5 and trying that again. all suggestions on how to correct this would be appreciated. ii am using fly sky th9x transmitter

murankar

Staff member
One question first, are you on stock or open source firmware?

I have my 9x on open source er9x. I also use mine on rf7. I am having to remap my switches in the tx so they work in conjunction with rf7. Right now I am trying to get my idle up modes working, I got throttle hold working.

Anyhow let us know what software you have. Westy has a YouTube channel that covers Phoenix and er9x.

stokke

Anyone else getting just a few rooms in the online multiplayer part of Phoenix?

Before I usually could see maybe about 15-20 rooms/sessions, but after upgrading to Phoenix 5 I get just maybe 5-7 rooms/sessions (this is in the "lobby" I'm talking about).

Tony

Staff member
What version are you on? I just fired up mine and it came up with an update from P to Q. I'm thinking if you have an older version, that may be why you can't see all of them. At this time, I'm seeing 9 rooms in the Lobby.

stokke

I got the latest version as well. But I'm seeing the same number of rooms, so I guess there's just not many people online then.

Top Bottom