Official Phoenix Online Thread

BOKI

mountaindewdude76; Derek it looks like you have a real nice Fleet of AirPlanes & your Trex 500 also Good luck in all your Building & Flying!

Derek

If you are going to be around, Tony, I should be on and off the computer over the next few hours. I'll come fly with ya!

Tony

Staff member
Come on in. Just fired up another one. Still no head set though. Not sure where I put it. Will have to do some more digging.

Derek

Sorry Tony! The wife surprised me with a request to run to the store. Talk about bad timing on her part, lol.

I have a session open right now and I'll be around for a bit.

pvolcko

Opening a session in a few minutes. Practice agenda: inverted hovering, backwards upright circuits, maybe some tic-tocs and the errant half piro flip now and then.

pvolcko

And done... Hit all the items on the list. Spent a lot more time on piro flips than I expected to. I started to get the hang of the first half piro flip. I had to go look for a vid on it. I was under the impression I was supposed to be ending up going from tail in upright to inverted nose in. While this is possible with a full piro half flip, I was only getting a half in (maybe 1/3 to start with). I was wondering why it was ending nearly tail in inverted and thought I was doing something wrong. :) Crashed way too much in the sim, even toward the end, to try doing this with the 550 or 700, but the 300X "real life sim" heli is begging for some half piro flips now.

Got better on the backwards circuits. I'll be doing at least parts of a circuit with the 300 in the backyard. Will do more with the 500 and 700 at the club field. Inverted nose in and tail in is getting better too. Still get my inputs backwards sometimes, but it's starting to click.

tic-tocs... I was able to do these fairly well in the sim without trying too hard. I think they were easier in there than real life because the roll rates on the sim heli are much higher than on my 550. To test the theory I modified the model settings to more closely match my 550's and 300's rates and the model started falling from the sky when I was trying to fast tic-tocs. Slower, wider ones with more collective were fine. So I need to make some adjustments in the Tx for these models to try to get the roll rates in ail and ele directions increased. Both are running 7200bx in Tx control mode, so I think I need to increase throws or perhaps use D/R settings above 100% (if that's possible). Also setup a lower expo setting so I don't need to move the cyclic stick so much.

pvolcko

And done. Getting a bit better on the half piro flips. Still inconsistent, but getting closer and also better at stabilizing into hover on not quite complete attempts. And saving it from plowing into the ground.

pvolcko

This is dangerous. Stick stirring is starting to feel borderline natural. Getting to a 75% completion rate on the half piros flips. And starting to hold inverted hover and do the second half. Actually did a few upright and inverted halfs in sequence and got something like a piro flip. Also starting to be able to change the rate of the rudder and adjust the stir accordingly to still complete it. Collective management during them is getting better.

Like a said, dangerous. I know enough to get into a lot of trouble now. :)

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
I was flying on Phoenix with the flight info on.... guess what my FPS range is? low FPS is 1-3 highest is 30... I usually fly at around 25 FPS, any Ideas? Sunday at around 2:00 EDT I will have a RCH session started if anyone feels in the mood to drop in.

Top Bottom